Thursday, July 01, 2021

Dentist

I finally did it: In fear and trembling, I went to the dentist. I liked Dr. Babbitt a lot, but that, of course, doesn't change the fact that I need extensive work. I was there for an hour, but I don't want to elaborate on what needs to be done. Now I have to make a decision: Do I want to simply have Dr. B. do it, with locals and noxious oxide or so I want to go to the extra expense of an oral surgeon who will put me to sleep? I'm going to have to decide this. 

The minor part is that some of my bottom teeth need fillings and other dentistry. After I got home, I called to make an appointment for that preliminary work and was told Dr. B. has nothing open until August 7! It's not that I mind waiting--I'd like to wait forever--but for reasons I won't go into here, I need to have the major work done before August 17th. 

As I had told Donna I would, I called her Dad, Joe Roca, and he invited me to come to The Townhome, where he lives. I had met Joe when I first came to California, through Donna, who's a fellow member of Soaring Spirits. I'll see Joe a week from today at 4:00.

Called Jim and filled him in on my doctor and dentist visits. He'll come today for lunch, I'm happy to say, as I like to see him at least once a week. That will be after I see the attorney for the trust thing today at 9:45.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...