Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Put in a color wash before breakfast. Called Betty at her (relatively) new place and was heartened that both employees I spoke with were warm and friendly. As for Betty, she was pleased to have seen me on television last night (sigh...). I do want to visit her soon.

My neighbor, Patrick, knocked on the door (why he never uses the bell is beyond me) and presented me with what they call a "sub" around here, really a sandwich on a roll. He said he had bought three and wanted to give two away. I just have no idea if he thinks I'm destitute or what. I believe he's religious in a fundamental way and I think it would be mean-spirited of me to refuse his occasional gifts. Still, I hope I'm not taking the food out of some homeless person's mouth. Actually, I don't think I am, as he also regularly collects and redeems empties and gives the money to the homeless. 

Ellen picked me up at 2:30 and off we went to the dentist's. The technician, Sarah, made impressions, both top and bottom. It wasn't at all painful, just slightly uncomfortable. I then talked to Dr. Babbitt and we changed my extraction appointment to August 16. At the August 4 appointment, I'll just examine the temporaries and approve them, I guess. 

Julie C. picked me up for the Soaring Spirits dinner at Stone Fire Grill and I had the best time ever. We all greeted each other with hugs, sat in convivial groups, and I reveled in being with the best group of people I've ever known. Yes, I'm older than most of them, but so what? We bonded a long time ago and they're my people.

Julie, who tends to be on the shy and quiet side, also enjoyed it a lot. Everybody was friendly and welcoming to her and, since we all have a shared background of loss, we fall into the sisterly mode immediately. Didn't get home until almost 8:00, and that was okay. I don't have any today or tomorrow, but things rev up on Thursday and Friday.  


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...