Sunday, July 11, 2021

Jim And Other Stuff

Tidied up a bit in the morning. Called my pal, Patti, to tell her I won't be taking the restless leg syndrome medication--yet, anyway. I'm just uneasy about it at this point. Went over to Von's for deli chicken breast and lettuce to make sandwiches for Jim and me.  

I then occupied myself with typing up a list of the DVDs I own--yoicks, I have seventy-one of them! And that doesn't include the two dozen or more I re-donated to the thrift store. But so what? I don't watch television and I enjoy movies, so that's okay. I do want to get rid of a lot of them, though; I just don't have room to store them.

Jim came at his usual 1:00 and we had lunch. I showed him and we discussed for a bit the book The Tragedy of American Science, which I'm only a quarter way through. I was most interested in the first chapter, which covers food and nutrition subjects and the way scientists and some universities have colluded with corporations to mislead the public. 

Jim wanted to correct some of my mistyping of his Maria Callas article and we went into the bedroom to do so on the laptop. He couldn't understand why he couldn't do it, as I had sent it to him. However, I'm pretty sure the computer "thinks" that because I sent it as an attachment, that it's mine, so he shouldn't be permitted to change it. I then copied it and put it in the body of an email to him. I told him to copy and paste into his own word document and that should do the trick. I hope it does.

After lunch, we sat in the living room while he read me another piece called "Moms Know Best." This isn't about his mother, but about a female feral cat who used to come into his house in San Francisco when he was in his twenties; she had litters four times a year or something. It's a cute little piece, I guess, but not of the caliber of the Callas one.   

Jim left about 4:30 and I immediately called Betty at her new place. Her talk and reactions are still muddled, of course, but she seemed generally content. I then called Carolyn to express my certainty that this is a much better place for my twin. I hope to go see her next week.


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...