Sunday, July 04, 2021

Saturday

I got two things done that had been hanging fire* for some time: a hair cut and a pedicure. Went to cheapy Great Clips and the hair looks okay, although not great; I just had it trimmed. The nails feel good. I don't really care what they look like, as I'm the only who sees them, but their trim was a lot more important than the hair's. What I found interesting is that the pedicure cost more than the haircut. No matter, I'm glad both are done. I know people who find it fun and/or relaxing to get those that kind of grooming done. Not me, I just endure it.

Ellen and I had a fun talk about our upcoming trip to Pasadena and L.A. We got our hotel rooms (separate ones, which she prefers and, in truth, so do I) and are planning to go on a Hollywood bus tour, the wax museum, the Norton Simon museum, and Huntington Gardens. Can't wait until next week!

I walked to Smart 'n' Final for stuff, including several pounds of chicken thighs. When I got home, I oiled and seasoned them and put them in the oven. Had one for dinner and froze the rest. Also prepared a yam and with those two, plus broccoli, it was kind of an old-fashioned dinner.

I re-typed Jim's essay on Maria Callas and will send it to Aline today. It looks good, so I called him and invited him to lunch today.  I'll present it to him when he comes and that's the version I'll send to Aline. I didn't change a single thing; I know she'll love it.  

* That's an old expression I always thought puzzling. Must look it up.  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...