Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Monday

Changed the sheets and did a load of wash before breakfast. I then walked to the post office to send the mail items to Aline and my neice. Of course, I completly forgot it wasn't open due to the fourth falling on Sunday. No matter, I'll go this morning. 

Showered and washed my hair with my new purple shampoo. It hard to tell if it got the yellow out or not, but that's no biggie. Left at 10:45 and got the 6 to the mall, then the 11 to Telephone Road and Sharkey's. There were only seven of us Soaring Spirits widows and widowers; usually, there are many more at dinner, as this is an all-ages group and some of us work.

I wasn't at all happy with the arrangements for several reasons. For openers, it's a kind a fast food Mexican place and, of course, what's very common now is that you stand at a counter and order your meal. I don't like that and I especially resent having a tip option staring me in the face. All this is, of course, more and more common, but if I have a choice, I'll eat elsewhere. Also, seating was outside and it was a bit cool for that. I ordered a plain bean and cheese burrito, which would have been very sloppy to eat without a knife and fork. I asked for them and used them. It turned out there was a paper napkin (on top of the plate) under the burrito and I ate some of it. 

I sat with Hannah, who's only about 40, I guess and a new guy named Terry. He's a serious bicyclist who actually did the famous Tour deFrance race. He lost his wife a few years ago, is only about 60, no kids, and--like so damn many middle aged men I know--his conversation is all about him. What a bore and what a boring S.S. lunch. Let's hope we go back to a more agreeable venue next month, or I ain't gonna be there.

Bused to town after that and strolled here and there. I bought a blouse and two DVDs and at least got some walking in. Got home early, though--4:00, which I don't like to do, but it was okay.     

I had a terrible time sleeping. Was awake for what seemed to be hours with the RLS thing. Hope that medication comes today. 


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...