Friday, July 23, 2021

Thursday

Went to Pacific Therapy for my first P.T. appointment. I had written 10:40 down, but it was a t 10:20, so I was late, but no biggie, I guess. I like the therapist, Stacy, and the office people, too. We talked, Stacy evaluated me, and put me through some exercises. She also had me spend time on the Nu-Step, a contraption my friend, Pat, often mentions on her blog, but I had had no idea what it was. I really like it. I was taken aback to find the co-pay is twenty bucks--geez, my doctor is only five.

When I came out, I impulsively hopped a bus and went to Wal-Mart, where I picked up face scrub, a shirt, and a few other items. Took my BP, which was 108/76, I think okay. On my way back, I got a text from Vickie, asking if I could Mary-sit today, while she has radiation. I had to decline, as Barbara Quaid and I had a lunch date. However, I later got a text from Barb that she had to cancel; we'll get together on Monday, instead. Called Vickie back and I'll go over at five of two. Home, lunched, then rode to town. I just stopped in a few places, didn't buy anything, and bused home.

Called Jim and he'll come tomorrow (Saturday) for lunch. This morning, I have an eye appointment at 9:45, which is why I'm skipping T.O.P.S.


2 comments:

Pat said...

Welcome to the world of NuSteppers. Maybe they have a program where you can use the Nu Step for a nominal fee after you complete therapy. Or maybe you'll be joining a gym and meeting a whole new world of people. Opportunities abound for us younguns.

Mimi said...

Pat, I already have something called "Silver Sneakers" which lets me work out at a gym. Haven't done it yet, but may one of these days. As for the Nu-Step, I have seven more visits at the P.T. under Blue Shield, but incredibly, the co-pay is twenty bucks. Not sure if I want to pay that much, considering I do walk a lot.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...