Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Ojai

Packed for my little trip, then ran over to Von's for a few things. I made a few annoying "business" calls and fooled around on the laptop. I wanted to get at least a short walk in, so went around the complex, which probably totaled a mile or so.

The Access Van got here about 3:45, picked up another passenger, dropped her off, then deposited me at Ellen's at 4:30. As I approached the house, I was greeting by a welcoming committee of one:

...and here, I wanted to add a picture of one of the kitties peering out from the blinds, but for some reason, I can't retrieve the pic from the phone, although I've tried everything--drives me nuts, but either Gwennie or Cessy will have to be imagined. 

I unpacked and settled myself in, then took a walk around the neighborhood. There's a place called Acacia Mansion right down the street, a huge, rambling house built in the twenties.  It had been a private home, built in 1929, a Krishnamurti spiritual center, and film locale. Most recently, it was a pricey hotel, but now the website says it's "permanently closed."

I found "Breaking Bad" on Netflix and, although the cast and script were entirely different--I guess this is a new season--I loved it, as I had the earlier ones when I was introduced to the show last year. Went to bed at my usual and slept well, although when I go home for a time today, I'm going to pack up my pillow and bring that. I called the Access Van to take me, as I'll have a lot to carry again. 

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...