Monday, July 05, 2021

Sunday

A better Sunday than most, although the crossword wasn't that good. Finished up the re-typing Jim's article on Maria Callas. I added the Callas-autographed program, used the hole punch to prepare the manuscript for the notebook, and put some embellishments on the front. I wasn't absolutely sure how Jim would react; after all, I hadn't asked if I could do it. However, he was delighted and very appreciative to have it. He also asked me to send him the re-done version (I didn't change a single word, though), which I did later.

We had a pleasant lunch, again accompanied with Cabernet Sauvignon, which I provided. Jim said he used to drink white until he learned that red contains resveratrol, which is supposed to have health benefits. Since I drink little wine, I'm indifferent to that. I always preferred white myself, but I'm getting to appreciate red, too.

After Jim left, I took a walk. Just stopped in Von's and CVS; didn't buy anything, then walked around the block. Home and I had a mundane ravioli Lean Cuisine, then typed a note to Aline to accompany the essay. Also, I had found the stamps I told my niece and her husband, Joan and Jim I would send them, so packed that. I'll walk to the post office and get them sent off before the Soaring Spirits lunch today. 

    

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...