Monday, July 19, 2021

Sunday

The Sunday crossword was a little annoying and I lost interest earlier than usual. About 9:30, I got my cart and took off for Wal-Mart, which carries the sleep aid I've used for twenty years. Got that, plus tangerines, bleach, frozen broccoli, and a lot of other stuff. I was a little worried I had over-shopped (it's not as if I can just load things into a car), but no prob. Took a bus home.   

Lunched, then tried to deal with a vexing computer problem: The shift key on the right side of my keyboard has stopped working. Later, "enter" stopped, too. I looked it up and saw something to do with "sticky keys" in setting. Did it and fixed "enter," but shift is still being--well, shifty.

Bused to town about 3:00. Did my usual Main Street stroll and bought four more DVDs. (Now, Mimi, you didn't! Yeah, I did, so shoot me.) Three of them looked interesting and the other is a movie that changed my life--rather, it overturned a deep-seated belief of my life. No, it has nothing to do with religion. Think I'll just leave that hanging. 

This is going to be a busy day. Ellen's taking me to the dentist at 2:45 to have the impression made and Julie is picking me up for Soaring Spirits at 5:45. We'll go to the the Stone Fire Grill and I'll introduce her to the rest of the gang. 

Speaking of which: Barbara Quaid, who's the CEO of the Ventura Fairgrounds, texted me to ask if I'll be at the S.S. dinner tonight. Yes, and I have a question for her. What is it? Aha--all will be revealed in due time...


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...