Sunday, July 25, 2021

Wash, Jim, And Harrison Ford

 Did two loads of wash--bleach and color--then walked to The Market after breakfast and bused home. I did some food prep--mainly chopped and froze onions--then got ready for lunch with Jim. I made sandwiches--grilled chicken--and put out bowls of grapes and peanuts. 

Jim came at 1:00, as usual, and we had an enjoyable lunch. I gave him a choice of wines--cabernet sauvignon and the pinot noir Vickie had given me--and he chose the latter. I had some, too, and we conducted our usual, wide-reaching discussions about subjects including Catholicism, academia, politics, and the state of the world in general. I walked him out at 4:00, picked up my mail, then got a call from Ellen, who asked what I wanted to have her stock in for my upcoming kitty-sitting at her place while she and Greg are in San Luis Obispo. We had a good talk and I'm looking forward to being there.

I'm watching a DVD called The Conversation, with Gene Hackman and an incredibly young Harrison Ford. It's actually not bad, but I looked it up and it's almost a half-century old--made in 1974. I had never even heard of it before, but I'm enjoying it.  

Note: Just to illustrate how how journalism has prostituted itself, here's the lead, large, and major frontpage headline of yesterday's  Ventura County Star:

Local roller skaters celebrate 2 years of friendship

Today's lead, large, and major front page headline is:

Kitten drama in Oxnard storm drain tugs at family's heart


And for this I pay fifty bucks a month...am I nuts? (Don't answer that!)



No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...