Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Twin Tuesday

When I got up, my relief over the relatively (but only relatively) unhorrible Superior Count letter had dissipated and I was again down in the dumps. I decided I would try not driving for--say, a week, and see how that felt. Therefore, I walked around here in the morning, totalling a mile and a bit more.
Had breakfast and left for Santa Barbara at 9:00.
As always, via three buses, I got to Betty's door at 11:30. We sat down and chatted and I borrowed a sweater, as it was chilly. I asked if she was game to walk to the mall and go to Lure, one of my favorite restaurants. She was and we did.
It was jammed and very noisy, so we sat on the patio, which happily, is heated. Got my new fave, "hazy" beer, this one called "White Rascal" for some odd reason, and a yummy ahi sandwich. This is fresh tuna steak, seared on the outside and otherwise raw. A lot of people would think it was gross, but I love it, maybe because I had it first in Hawaii. Anyway, we talked and laughed, and it was like old times.
Almost. It's always almost.
Walked Betty back to her place. She was going to the little gathering they have at 2:00 o'clock, but I begged off. She walked me halfway to State Street, we hugged goodbye, and I got the bus for downtown. Had to wait a bit for the Coastal Express, which takes me back to Ventura, but that was okay. Got it and Ellen called while I was riding.
She had read my blog and knew about the ticket. I said it had probably crystallized my decision to give up my car, she encouraged me and we had a long talk. I felt a lot better about it after I spoke to her.
I had seen on my phone that Sprouts had blueberries for 98 cents a 6 ounce container, a great price, especially for expensive them. That made me decide not to disembark at the last stop, the government complex, where I got another to Sprout's. Caught a bus to Victoria. where I was going to get another,  but decided to walk and I did. I was pleased that I had gotten at least four miles in for the day, possibly more.
Didn't get home until almost 7:00 and immediately changed into my jammies and relaxed for the night.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...