Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Santa Barbara And Betty

Got up at 6:30, followed my routine, showered, ate, dressed, and took off for SB. Three buses later, I rang Betty's door at my usual 11:30. We chatted for a bit, then walked to the mall and Lure, one of my favorites, both there and in Ventura.
I was charmed to hear our young server's name was Declan; that's the name of my nephew's one-year-old. (I think it has Irish roots.) Tim, now 52, is one of the older parents in our family, but my own older son, who will be 60 in June is the old-Dad champion: his first and only is five years old.
After, Betty said she wanted to go to Macy's, which is next door to Lure. Her reasons were garbled and confusing: There seems to have been problems with her Macy's card, or not-card, or whatever the hell it was. Anyway, we happened to find the manager, a very friendly and courteous young man. I believe he understood that Betty gets mentally lost now and then, but he got some others involved, and there seems to have been a resolution of some kind, at least to her satisfaction.
Betty wanted to write some thank-you notes to people who had helped in the sale of her house and she asked me to suggest wording, which I did, and wrote out for her. We then sat on her patio and talked.
I was pleased to get a call from gardener Tony, who looked at the overgrown bush and other gardening needs at my house in Jersey and gave me what I think is a fair estimate, so I told him to go ahead.
There was cake and coffee at 2:00 at Betty's complex and I went with her to it. Just stayed a few minutes, then we said goodbye and I walked to the bus. Got the 3:37 back to Ventura, disembarked in town and walked a bit. Home after 6:00.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...