Wednesday, May 08, 2019

The Fuzz And Amanda

Set the alarm for, and got up at, 5:00. Coffee, computer, clothes, and I was out waiting for the Access van at 6:11. That got me to the doctor's office way early, but I just walked the neighborhood until my 7:15 appointment.
I was annoyed that the scale said 131.4, which meant several ounces up from Friday and the T.O.P.S. scale. Then two things occurred to me: 1.) I was wearing heavier clothes (although I insisted on taking my  shoes off, as I alway do) and 2.) it's idiotic to obsess over a few ounces.
Anyway, doc said my blood count was slightly elevated and gave me one of those stool test kits. I had had a gastric ulcer three years ago and re that, I asked the doc for an RX for the omepra-something. I had been buying it OTC, but my insurance covers my medication, so why not go the free route?
Took the bus home and had breakfast only a half hour after my usual 8 am. After, I took the bus down Victoria, walked to Portola, and went to the police department to view the video of my traffic crime.
I couldn't see that the arrow had turned red--the picture was anything but sharp--but I was told it had, so I'll see what the judge has to say. Caught the bus back to Victoria, then to Telegraph, but had to wait quite a bit for both, so didn't have lunch until after 2:00.
Tidied up in preparation for Amanda, who got here about 5:30. I had a whole list of things I wanted to have fixed on this laptop and she completed them in about an hour and a half. I paid her, walked her out, and hope and expect my computer woes are over.
As for Amanda: You'd never guess it, but she's over forty, is somewhat tubby, and  has lots of tattoos, She lives in Fillmore with her eleven-year-old daughter and another woman, who I think is her partner. She liked my place and might be interested in looking at an two-bedroom here.
I'm off to Santa Barbara today and this is my sixth day not driving.
 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...