Thursday, May 02, 2019

Crown Plaza H.H.

Just to do a trial run of not driving, I decided to go a week without getting behind the wheel.  At 7:00, I walked about a mile in the neighborhood, which was fine.
Finally examined more closely the two documents re my traffic sin and saw I have to go to the clerk's office before 12:45 to be on the docket at 1:30. Will do, but I'm not sure when.
Had breakfast, then walked down Victoria to Telephone, which I know is a mile and a bit, then got the bus for the Winco center. Crossed from there and wento Bed, Bath & Beyond, looking for two things I had seen on line that they didn't have.
Stopped at Cricket to ask Amanda a few things about my phone. She corrected a lot and explained others. On impulse, I asked if she'd clean up this laptop for fifty bucks. She would, indeed, and she'll call me to make a date.  Home, had lunch, then left for the Crown Plaza and Happy Hour.
We had a good time, but I thought the service was abysmal and the buffalo cauliflower I had wasn't very good. Nancy brought one each of several socks she's knitted as part of her knitting club challenge--well, whatever turns you on. I suggested Lure next time, but Nancy asked if we could defer until the week after, as she may be too involved with knitting to attend. Carolyn suggested we look at places we hadn't been, and I volunteered to scout some out.
We stayed until 5:30, said goodbye. I headed toward the library and, on the way, stopped into four establishments to get happy hour menus (or to take a picture of some I couldn't take out). Stayed at the library for about an hour, then hopped a bus and got home at 7:00.
I didn't set the alarm last night, stayed up until almost 10, and just got up at 6:40. I'm not too perky this morning and know I'll feel better after I put the bloody traffic thing behind me.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...