Friday, May 03, 2019

Traffic School And Oxnard

I didn't set the alarm and didn't get up until after 7, out of sorts and gloomy. However, I pulled myself pretty much out of it and walked the neighborhood after my coffee and Internet. After breakfast, I forced myself to sit down with the on-line traffic school. The damn thing is pretty extensive and written in a kind of teeny-bopper prose; it includes lots of exclamation points and a fair number of errors. However, although it was long, I got through it, then was confronted with the exam. Did I want to take it then or wait a while? I figured I'd take it--you get a chance to do it again if you don't pass, passing being 18 right out of 25.
I took it and passed with 24 correct. It was so laughably easy, I shouldn't have worried so much about it. (The one I got wrong was the size of the DUI fine, and I don't intend ever to find out what that is.)
After, I moved two plants from one side of the garden to the other. When I took my trash and paper to the recycling area, I noticed a jester sculpture someone has left there for anyone to take. I did and put it in back of little Al-El:
Had lunch, then set off for my daily sojourn, but this time, I took the bus to Oxnard. Again, Greg was off, but I walked around and stopped at Target for blueberries. Home at 5:00 and I called Ellen to tell her of my triumphant Traffic School success (ha!).
Got an e-mail from Diane, suggesting we go to an art show at the museum at 5:30 today--it includes a wine reception and, since I'm a member, is free for me.  Yes, undeedy, she didn't have to ask me twice.
Texted Amanda from Cricket and we made a date to have her come and clean up my laptop on Tuesday afternoon.   

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...