Saturday, May 04, 2019

T.O.P.S. And The Museum

Walked the neighborhood.  Dressed and caught the bus for Ashwood Avenue and T.O.P.S.  I was satisfied with 130.7, up a tenth of a pound (4 ounces?) from last week. Luisa had the program, for which she read an ever-so-familiar and deadly dull article on scams. Scams? But isn't this a weight loss group? Why yes, but we don't bother our heads with that, now do we?
After, I bussed home, not arriving and getting breakfast until almost 11:00. This could be a major problem if I relinquish my car, but I'll deal with it. After, I caught the number 6 bus to the 99-Cent Store (actually, most of the goods are multiples of 99 cents) and bought grapes. Stopped at Vons for rhomaine and oranges. By the time I got back, it was almost 3:00. Had lunch, showered, and dressed for the museum. I met Diane at 5:30 and we went into the reception.
What a spread! They had a great buffet of meatballs stroganoff, puff patties, all kinds of cheeses and crackers, rounds of cucumbers with tuna paste, berries, little wedges of melon, and lots of other tasties. Besides all this, there was wine, of which Diane and I availed ourselves, you can be sure. For members, it was free, incredibly enough, and I'm a member, so whee--!  
Diane's friend, Susan, also came, and we ate together, then toured the small exhibit of women's art (called something or other I don't' remember), which consisted of small boxes with various themes.  It was okay, but is it art? Dunno and nobody seems to have figured that out.
I stayed until 7:00, then left to get the bus, which didn't come for an annoyingly long time, so I didn't actually get in my door until after 8:00. One of the days, I'll have to check the schedule.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...