Friday, May 31, 2019

Tony, Garlic, Onions, And Trump

Got a few chores done that were hanging because I'm the world's worst procrastinator. Called the Airporter to reserve the shuttle, made a hair (color and cut) appointment, and texted gardener Tony to ask if he'd plug up the bumblebee holes at my house. He texted back okay and that he'd start the work today. Now I've got to turn my attention to the damn on-line traffic school.
Walked a short one in the neighborhood, stopping at Von's for lettuce and grapes. I wanted to use my new clay garlic baker, so after lunch, I prepared several cloves. Decided to roast onions in the clay baker at the same time, although they're supposed to take different temps. Revved up the oven and did the both and they turned out delish. Caught a bus to town and took the Rock Hudson book back to the library. Found the new book by Bob Woodward, Fear/Trump In The White House and stayed for a bit reading it. 
Gawd. It is worse than I thought.
If anyone needs further proof of the imbeciles in D.C.--oh, not just Trump and not just the repubs, I've read about the Clintons and their mob, too--I hope they read this. It's horrifying. I honestly believe this empire is collapsing and will be gone sooner or later.
It was after five when I got home and I just had some cauliflower, then left to get the bus to Humor & Drama Toastmasters. I had been debating with myself all day as to whether I wanted to go or not, but I'm glad I did because it turned out to be fun. I had begged off presenting, but changed my mind when I got there and recited three of my short poems. They were received well, in fact, Judi asked if I'd e-mail them to her as she wanted to read, not just listen. Raul did a talk on meeting his first wife (she died several years ago and he remarried) in Mexico City where they were both born; it was very engaging. I was evaluater for Celina, who spoke on "Energy" and I gave her high marks.
Raul dropped me off at home about 9:00, late for me, but I was glad I had gone.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...