Sunday, May 26, 2019

Movie And Metaphysics

I didn't walk Kimball--without a car, those days are gone--, but did to Smart 'n' Final and back, which is twice as long at miles. Chopped up my tomato, onion, garlic, oil concoction, roasted and stored in the fridge. Showered, dressed, had lunch, then set off for the bus. When I got to the shopping center, Diane was just walking up. We continued on to the Regency, paid for our tickets, and settled in.
After the interminable ads--there must have been at least twenty--The Mustang came on. It wasn't one of the best I've ever seen by a long shot, but was reasonably entertaining. It was based on the real life  programs in many of the western states of training prison inmates to tame wild horses--of which, incredibly, according to the movie, there are 100,000 roaming around in the wild.
After, we went to The Cave for beer and chips. There was a guitarist there who set up right next to us  (the place doesn't have a stage) and he and Diane carried on a long, long conversation on metaphysical topics, all of which bores me to death. They exchanged info and will get in touch with each other.
We finally left at 6:15 and got the bus. We  were amazed and horrified to learn that city buses don't run tomorrow, Memorial Day.  How could that possibly be? People who work at hospitals and so on may rely on public transportation to get to work. I can't believe it, so will check further.
Got off at Telephone and walked the mile and a half up Victoria  to my place.  Betty had called and left a message saying there was a killer storm on its way to Ventura and to be careful. I called her back and she said it was actually up in the mountains. I called Ellen and was sorry that she still has a cold and cough; she's going to call the doctor again.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...