Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Twin Tuesday And Edward

For some reason, I had a restless night. Got up at 5:30 for the usual and stayed up. Breakfast at 8, out to the bus at 9, the V. to S.B. bus at 9:43, the local S.B. bus after, and I was at Betty's door exactly at 11:30.
We walked to the mall and went to Islands restaurant; happily, Carolyn joined us this time. We chatted away and it was like old times. Carolyn invited me to Finn's graduation party on June 8; hope I can fit it in, as I'm also invited to New Mexico at the beginning of June.
We were dropped off at Betty's, then played double solitaire (the only card game besides gin rummy I can tolerate) until it was time for me to wait for the bus back to town. Betty waited with me, it came within ten minutes, and we said goodbye until next Tuesday.
On the bus back to Ventura, somebody from the Ventura Star called to say there was a problem with my credit card. What, again? That was taken care of more than a week ago. After this, that, and the other, the guy apologized and said it had been posted late or something. I don't even know what could have been the problem with the first card, as I've been paying that way for years and it's certainly valid. Annoying.
A man who introduced himself as Edward sat next to me said he wasn't into all this new-fangled (well, he didn't actually use that word) stuff now that he was so old: seventy. I hooted, told him I was twelve years older and I liked the internet and computers, etc.--to a point, that is. Anyway, he was an interesting guy--name is Edward and we continued to chat until we both got off at the first Ventura stop; we walked a block together until he had to wait for the Ojai bus. I continued,  walking several blocks past the library, probably about two miles, which I needed and felt good. Didn't get home until 7:00 after an enjoyable day. 


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...