Thursday, May 16, 2019

Kippy Keating And Happy Hour

Up, but not at'um; I didn't take a morning walk. I took my advisors' advice and called my neighbor, Susan, to ask who she used for a gardener. She recommended Tony C. and gave me his number. I called and left a message. Susan and I talked for almost an hour and it was so good. I miss her and, although I'm happy to have made my move, there are things I left behind that are precious.
Stripped the bed and took the linens and white clothes to the laundry building, with all the usual back and forth. For some reason, in between the wash and dry, I started thinking about Kippy Keating. Decided to look her up--I knew she had married Eddie Weinrich and they lived in Willow Grove, where he had a bakery chain.
Oh, darn, I found Kippy's obituary: she died four years ago. She was in St. James with my  brother, Frank, and I went all through to eighth grade with her brother, Michael. For some reason, they went to ACHS. Their mom, a widow, and my mother were good friends for years.
Changed and took off after lunch for Happy Hour. Met the other three of the fabulous four at Lure Fish House and we had a good time. Sat on the patio and talked over several topics, ranging from abortion to Nancy's haircut (she went to my hairdresser, Mary) to my landscaper woes. We were there for almost two hours, then said goodbye until next time, and I walked down Main to the library.
On my way, Tony C. called back and said he'd give me an estimate for the bush and an overall cleanup. I liked him and hope this works out.  Hopped the bus after browsing in the library and got home at 7:30. I immediately got in the shower, then settled down for the evening.
Today, I had intended to go to court and throw myself on the judge's mercy. Unfortunately, I woke up with a cold and feel lousy--not sure if I'll make it today and I do have util the twenty-eighth.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...