Friday, May 17, 2019

Toastmasters

Draggy, dreary day.  I woke up with a cold and feeling lousy. I was agonizing over going to court, the problem being your have to turn in your paperwork by 12:15 to get on--I guess it's called "the docket"--by the start at 1:30. In my case, that means either walking or taking the bus, then walking, and doing that twice. I actually started off, but it had gotten terribly windy before I even got to the bus stop, so I turned back and went home.
I decided to hold off until Monday. I'll make a note to call the Access Van on Sunday and have them take me both times, I guess. I also have the Soaring Spirits dinner at the Stone Fire Grille, only a mile or so away, but that's at 6:00. Went over to Von's for lettuce and stuff and ran into Cheryl. I asked if she'd pick me up for T.O.P.S. this morning, but when I got up right now, I decided to skip it. I'll call her shortly. 
Aside from that, I little during the day. I tried to take a nap, but was restless and just spent time on YouTube watching scenes from The Godfather. I'm reading the autobiography of Gianni Russo, who played Carlo, Brando's son-in-law. According to the book, he actually was active in Frank Costello's Mafia before going into acting. I haven't yet gotten to the part where he gets into the movie.
I did go to Humor & Drama Toastmasters because I had promised Judi I'd act as her evaluater. This chapter has only nine members and last night, only four of us showed up. I thought it would be a bore, but actually, it was a lot of fun. Judi did the improv, which was hysterical. The premise was "high school reunion" and we each picked a slip of paper with a descriptive word on it, then two played off each other. Mine was "hypochondriac" and Dick's was "gangster," so I kept whining about my aches and pains and he pulled out a gun and threatened to mow me down. 
Raul took me home and I talked to Ellen, who had called during the meeting. I didn't get to bed until 10, but slept soundly, at least.


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...