Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Court And The Widder Dinner

I can't believe this! I had several paragraphs written about yesterday and, somehow, pressed something and it disappeared--damn! Okay, I'm not trying to do it all over, but will just put in a scant synopsis:
Van was supposed to take me to the courthouse, but there was a mix up and I took a bus. Was there from 11:30 to about 4:00, what with other cases and so on. I presented my "deal" to the judge--a very pleasant and kind fortyish woman--who said she couldn't forgive the whole fine ($641), but reduced it to two hundred. I also have to take the on-line traffic school again.
Walked home (a bit more than a mile) and got ready for the widder dinner. Talked to Diane and Betty after taking the bus to Telephone Road, but walked from there (another mile) to the Stone Fire Grille. It was a good group, with the regulars, plus a new guy, named Brett, whose wife had had early-onset dementia, as well as ALS, and died four years ago.
Barbara Q., whom I like so much, was there, and we had a good chat. Barb is the CEO of the Ventura Fairgrounds; she asked me to let her know when I was walking the Promenade so we can plan lunch. Carolyn and Nancy were there and I told them I had reserved the easy chairs at the Alehouse Cask, where we'll meet for Happy Hour tomorrow.
Donna and Mark took me home and I got in about 7:30.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...