Friday, May 24, 2019

WinCo And The Museum

Didn't get up until 7:15 and dawdled with this and that. After breakfast, I walked to Telephone Road and took a bus to good ol' WinCo.
Boy, I've missed it--it's my favorite supermarket and nearby Von's  is a poor substitute. Of course, I couldn't get everything I might have, as I had to be aware of weight. When you're carrying your groceries rather than simply transferring from cart to car, that has to be a consideration.
Got home by buses about noon to find an e-mail from Diane, asking me to work with her on the Bernie Sanders' campaign. I wrote her back a long message, explaining my decline. She thinks Sanders is an anti-war advocate; he isn't--there aren't any aside from 89-year-old Mike Gravel and his candidacy is just a gesture.  But, just as people persuaded themselves Obama was a pacifist (!), hope springs eternal, I guess. Anyway, I do respect the fact that she's intelligent and caring.
Cheryl called to ask if I wanted a ride to T.O.P.S. this morning. Nice of her and I accepted. I'll go out and wait at 8:25. After lunch, I hopped on the bus. I no sooner got on than I remembered there was a reception at the museum at 5:30 that I had intended to drop in on. I just strolled around here and there in town before it was time to go, then did. Had a single glass of Chardonnay and a cracker, scanned some of the pictures (actually, it was kind of an exhibit of posters over the years for the Ojai Music Festival), then left.
Again, did get in until 7:00, but it was a good day.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...