Thursday, May 30, 2019

Happy Hour And Socks

The usual first things in the morning and after breakfast, I stripped the bed, re-made, and washed the sheets and a load of whites. Yes, I use bleach for this, so shoot me.
Walked Victoria to Telephone (1.3) to pick up a few items; took the bus back. Showered and washed my hair, and changed to go to Happy Hour at Diane's.
Nancy and Carolyn go there and we sat down to what was essentially dinner. Diane had made two delicious soups: pasta and veggie, and spinach. Nancy brought a chocolate mayonnaise* sheet cake with chocolate icing, everything yummy.
Nancy also brought several pair of the socks she was knitting (see below). I took pictures and will send to Diane and Carolyn.  Later, Diane's friend and fellow Silvercrest resident, Paula, joined us; she's also a knitter and is in the  knitting club there.
Paula's an interesting person. She had worked with the Franciscan priests in Africa in her youth. However, she's now Episcopalian--said she left the Catholic Church because of pedophile priests.**
After finishing off my two bottles of Blue Moon, I indulged in some Chardonnay, so had a little buzz on, but since I wasn't driving, then was okay. We didn't leave until well after 5:00 and I walked to the Goodwill on Telephone to pick up a little garlic oven (it was 50% off day), then bused to Victoria. Walked home from there (1.2) and didn't get in until 7:30, once again, but it was a fun day.
*Using ingredients like mayonnaise in place of others seems to have arisen during wartime, when things like butter and eggs were scarce.
**Why a whole belief system, such as Catholicism, would rest on the conduct of its representatives, makes no sense, it seems to me; its tenets are either valid or not. I learned that in St. James and it has always rung true. 









2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Tell Nancy those socks are beautiful. I like them all.

I agree with you about chucking the whole religion based on the conduct of the few seems odd. Do people follow the religion because they 'like' the clergy or do they follow it because they actually believe the tenets? I am what has become known as a 'cafeteria Catholic' in that I don't buy all the theology. I pick and choose. I challenged my own belief system and my practice of it works for me.

Mimi said...

Hey, if it works for you, go to it. Incidentally, Pat, I just re-read this entry and see all kinds of errors, dammit! I don't mean misspellings, but what I do so often: write "to" for "the," "go" for "got" and so on. Sorry, faithful reader, and thanks for your patience. I'll tell Nancy how much you like the socks--she'll get a kick out of that.

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...