Monday, May 20, 2019

Sunday

Well, for part of the day, things were still running the gamut from icky to awful. I had intended to get my car washed and was driving to Five Points when it started to rain. I decided the hell with it, and drove home.
Bought my tickets for Albuquerque and, as before, I'll probably have to get up at 3:00 am and to Five Points for the shuttle by 4:15, as Suzanne did. Well, she'll take me; Ellen can take me home when I get back, as it's on Sunday afternoon. I must remember to reserve the shuttle, too.
I called the Access Van and arranged to have them take me to the government center by 11:00 today. I have to turn in my papers to the Superior Court, then be heard at 1:30. I think I'll stay around and have lunch there, instead of going home in between.
For some inexplicable reason, I was nervous about picking up Suzanne. In fact, my hands and arms started to itch terribly; this has happened before when I was worried or very tense. She texted me from LAX, and again when she was twenty minutes away, and I drove to the Sheraton, arriving almost exactly when she was getting off the Airporter.
She had had a wonderful time in Santa Fe, describing the comings and goings with great animation. This was a Road Scholar trip, which she's been on before. Someday,  She was with a fellow Sister (sister Sister?), but there were 26 woman on the trip and Suzanne said they were all very compatible.Anyway, she agreed immediately to take me to the Airport on June 10--I'm afraid I have to be there by 4:15 am, but she's okay with it, as I was.
As soon as we said goodbye (at our next-to-each-other doors), I took off for the bus. I felt very relieved and much better. However, it was none too warm and the wind was up again. I was there about twenty minutes and no bus, so I just left, stopped at Von's for salad dressing and yogurt, and went home.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...