Saturday, May 18, 2019

Looking Up

Okay, things are looking up. I didn't walk in the morning--I may be giving that up--but got plenty in the rest of the day. I think I'm going to be modifying my everyday routine, too: I slept again until 6:30, which seems to be what my body wants (I didn't set the alarm). My cold seemed worse, though, and I called Cheryl to tell her not to pick me up, as I wasn't going to T.O.P.S.
Actually, after I took a few aspirin and had breakfast, I felt better. I was out of blueberries and also, quarters, so took the bus to Victoria, walked to the bank, then to the 99 Cent store. This provided maybe two miles and I then walked to Von's for diet 7Up.
I've never been a soda fan, diet or otherwise; I prefer iced tea. However, between the time I come home from town and dinner, I fool my appetite with diet 7Up. I never buy cans or large bottles, only the small, 12 oz. ones and I only drink about half, if that. I was out of it and I saw it was on sale at Von's at three for sixteen bucks. I bought three and there are 8 in a pack, so they were six pounds each. I managed to carry two home--and stored them in my trunk--but had to make a second trip back for the third, which is now in the fridge.
Stella called. She's leaving for Minnesota and the Mayo Clinic this morning, hoping to find a remedy for her chronic (back? leg?) pain. Anyway, we had a good talk and I hope they can offer her something. Betty called, still agitated about her house; settlement is this coming week, but of course, there are all kinds of things to be settled first. Betty doesn't realize that her involvement is more or less bogus.
After lunch, I took off for town and it was good to get back to my regular Promenade walk. I stopped into the ARC store and found a neat light metal decorative-type thing I had to buy for my kitchen wall. It's about three feet by two, so it was a little awkward taking it on the bus, but I managed.
Got home and realized I was out of veggies. so visited Von's again for Brussels sprouts and spinach.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...