Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Early Rise And So On

As noted, I got up at 3:00 am. After downing  a mug of the Brew of the Gods--coffee, of course--I was perky enough. Dressed and was outside waiting for Suzanne at 3:45.
There was hardly another car on the road and I confidently swung onto Telephone from Victoria. It should have been just a straight shot to Harbor Boulevard, but Telephone was closed after Main. We had to circle around, took a turn which should have gotten me back on course, but that road was closed, too. However, after a bit more maneuvering, I managed to get Suzanne to the Sheraton in time for the shuttle.
Home and went on the laptop for a time, then took a two-hour nap. It was 8:20 when I got up and I just resumed my usual routine. I decided to walk to the 99-cent store for various and did so (1.5 miles), but took a bus back.
One of the gardeners I had called about the bush called me back and said he'd trim it for two hundred bucks, but the whole place needs to be done. He said it was a mess. After we talked, he e-mailed me an estimate of $1,326.25 but I don't even know if that includes the tree trimmings. I forwarded the estimates to my children to get their input. I'm going to ask my neighbors who they use, too.
Stopped at Von's for Romaine, made lunch, downed it, then took off for the bus to town. I walked under several trees and thought a leaf had fallen on my hair; reached up to get it, and was stung! It turned out to be some kind of baby bee or something. I know it wasn't a wasp because I've been stung by them and believe me, I'd remember that. They hurt like hell. Anyway, this was on my middle finger, right hand. I was able to pull the tiny stinger out and it wasn't as bad. It still hurt a bit for a few hours, but finally subsided.
Went to the library, dropped off a book and picked up another. Walked down Main, then back again to the library, but I didn't go to The Promenade this time. Called El and we chatted.
Today is Twin Tuesday so I'll be leaving soon for Santa Barbara. Tomorrow, I'm going to force myself to go to court. (I'll have Happy Hour to cheer up with after that.)

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...