Sunday, April 22, 2018

With Some of my Favorite People

For the first time in months, I skipped both the Kimball and town walks. Slept, but fitfully, until 6:15 or so, got up for coffee and computer, but not breakfast, as I figured we'd all eat together.  Got back to Ellen's a little late (a bit after 8:00), but that was okay. El, Greg, Mike, and I walked to The Farmer and The Cook, less than a mile away.
Now this is one of those quintessentially California establishments--semi-vegan, totally organic, and with the obligatory Himalayan salt on the table. It's fun once in a while and I didn't care if we ate at The Greasy Spoon, since I was with some of my most favorite people in the world. The guys got something or other, but I wasn't at all hungry--I had had some problems during the night--and begged off ordering anything but coffee. I accepted a small portion of Ellen's egg burrito (a burrito for breakfast--aagh!), which was edible--barely--and greatly enjoyed being with my gang.
After, Greg went to Santa Barbara to hang another of his paintings at his mother's and El, Mike, and I went to the Krishnamurti Center up in the hills.  I've been there many times before, but always enjoy it. We just walked the trails and stopped into the pavilion. On the way home, we stopped at a yard sale and I bought a pretty picture frame.
Once we got back to Ellen's, Mike had to pack up and leave for LAX, as he had booked a plane to  Phoenix. We said goodbye--I'm hoping he'll come back in the summer, which is possible--and off he drove. After Arizona, he'll meet up with his other sister in New York, I'm happy to say.
El and I sat in her lovely back yard with iced tea until it got too hot. We then went to the park, where Earth Day was going on. This was mildly interesting and I was glad we had to park the car away from the park, so I got a walk in.
Left El's with hugs and "love yous" and drove home. I washed and cut the carrots I had gotten at the farm stand and put them in the smaller slow cooker, along with tangerine quarters and cinnamon. Pared and cut the golden beet and cooked that in the microwave; ate it, along with a small salad--I didn't want much.
Called Betty and we chatted. Went to Wal-Mart, took back the key I had made that didn't work, and made my own. Haven't tried it yet, but I will.
 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...