Saturday, April 28, 2018

T.O.P.S. and Stuff

T.O.P.S. after Kimball and I lost some. It wasn't  significant, but I had been 128.1 last week and weighed in at 127.7 yesterday. One of these nerdy math people could figure out how much, but since I take off my shoes to count over ten, I'll just be happy with it. The meeting was the usual messy bore, with all kinds of interruptions for topics completely divorced from weight loss. However, I know this is the way it will be and I try not to be too much of a bitchy complainer.
They were setting up for a flea market where we meet for T.O.P.S. at Trinity Lutheran and I bought a pretty, kind of double vase. Needed it like a hole in the head, but at least, that's all I bought. Speaking of buying, I bought myself two light jackets at the Arc thrift store, for a total cost of $11.74. I'm now gathering up a lot of items--mostly non-clothing--to donate.
Went to The Cave and got Nancy a pre-paid wine card. It's annoying that they charge five dollars over for it. You get it rescinded if you buy fifty dollars worth, but only if you spend that much in one visit. Ripoff, but Nance and I both love the place, so I got it.
Spent a lot of time prepping veggies: I chopped green peppers and onions, plus cucumbers, then sliced mushrooms and a few  other things.
Deviated from my usual route in town, but I know covered at least as much ground, if not more. Drove home, then walked over to Vons for coffee and ground turkey. Combined the latter with the onions, peppers, and mushrooms, stir-fried, and it was yummy.
Betty called to say she still hadn't heard anything about her court case. She had been at a fund-raiser for a local family--not sure if it was at St. James or elsewhere.
Damn, I looked at my e-mail when I got home and found the docent training today has been cancelled. I'm disappointed, but according to the one who was to give it, there was either a conflict with other obligations or a lack of interest. I was looking forward to it, as I'm on as docent next Sunday, May sixth.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...