Monday, April 30, 2018

At Ellen's

The usual pleasant Sunday morning routine: Kimball, breakfast, newspaper, crossword. Did a few minor chores, then went to Office Max for ink. I needed yellow and was pleased to see they were having a sale on Canon yellow, number 221. Bought it and wouldn't you know, I can't use it; need 226. I'll exchange it today.
Bought two sunglasses and some grapes at different stores, then packed my lunch and took off for Ellen's. She was vacuuming the lawn in the side yard (Astro turf), but took a break for lunch and we stayed outside to eat. She then resumed her work, which included pruning the bougainvillea and the lovely big shade tree that she believes is blocking her little apple tree's allotment of sunshine. That is now bursting out with blossoms, though, and looks very healthy.
It was so enjoyable to sit there and just watch her work (ha!). I did pick up a broom and sweep the paving a bit, but didn't exert myself. I cut  loquats off her tree at her request, some for me and some for her to take to work for the other teachers. Finished for a time, El sat down with me and we had a good daughter/mother talk about this and that, including religion, then I took off.
Drove to town and considered skipping the afternoon walk, as it was 5:00 when I got there. However, I opted to do it and was smugly pleased with myself. (If I were somebody else, I'd find me insufferable.) It was almost 6:00 when I got home and I just heated up some leftover stir-fry and broccoli, which was all I wanted.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...