Monday, April 02, 2018

Easter Day

I got to Kimball a bit before 7:00 am to find it was more or less deserted. I therefore decided to walk along Telephone Road, where cars were driving, which worked out fine. Home for breakfast and crossword, after which I got a call from Betty's daughter-in-law. We had a long--more than an hour--talk; she and Steve are as concerned about Betty as I am. That made me a little late for Ellen's, but I got there by 11:00.
She and I took a walk before lunch, then she served a lovely light meal of cheese and crackers, salad, and a nice white wine, of which I had plenty.  Greg wasn't feeling up to par, so didn't have lunch, but sat with us and we had some good talk, especially about his art work.He showed me some of his most recent work and I thought it was excellent, especially one he did of a woman's face.  He had to be at work at 2:00, so left after lunch. El and I watched Will  and Grace--I used to like the original, but didn't this--then both took naps.
After, we went into town and stopped to get ice cream, which I had been craving for months. I hadn't had ice cream for almost a year and I got rocky road; oh, mama, was that good. We then strolled in the park and on the street, stopping to listen to a singer and just chatting. I left about 5:00 and got home after a sunny--literally and figuratively--day.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...