Thursday, April 05, 2018

BCNN And Sherry

Chilly again walking Kimball, as I went a little early. After breakfast, I changed to go to BCNN at 9:30. This was the annual "clothes exchange meeting" and I'm sorry I didn't bring anything. I had outgrown--or "outshrunk"--a lot of clothes, but gave the nicer ones to Betty and others to the thrift store. I found two nice blouses and two jackets. I also took a dress and a dressy blouse, but these were too snug. I can get them on, but barely, so I'll send them to older daughter, who's about a six 6.
Doris and Sherry were there and saved me a seat. They want to get in touch with Sue, who didn't come, to see if we can all go see her. I'm not sure how she'll react to this, as she lives on a boat, but I said if it sails, count me in.
For a change, the program was interesting. Two women who had been in the Peace Corps years ago (one in Honduras, one in Afghanistan) spoke and presented videos. Excellent and I hope we get more similar programs, rather then dog trainers and the mayor of Oxnard.
Home, lunch, WinCo, and Target, then drove to town for my walk. Went from there directly to Ellen's to feed Sebastian. El and Greg called while I was on my way; they're at San Luis Obispo overnight, staying at The Apple Farm. El and I stopped at the restaurant there on our way back from Alameda in December. I like the place a lot and hope someday I can accompany them.
I had a difficult time trying to open Ellen's door--had to call her, but finally got in. Fed Sebastian and changed his water. I looked in the fridge; didn't have my glasses on, but saw a slender bottle with gold letters spelling "Sherry." Gee, I thought, I haven't had sherry for years and I like it, so I poured myself some. Drank it down and--AAGH!  Got  my glasses and read the small print on the label: "Sherry Vinegar." Ha--joke was on me.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...