Thursday, April 12, 2018

My Car And The Cave

Kimball, breakfast, and got to Rob's Remedies at 10:00. I was there early and when Rob showed up, he sat down on the bench with me and peeled a big orange. As many people do here, he has orage trees. He handed me half--peeled--and it was the juiciest, sweetest orange I ever tasted. He also told me something good to know: When you eat a peeled orange, don't do its segment by segment. That way, you'll get juice running all over you. Instead, eat it as you would an apple. I was skeptical, but did as he said, and darned if it didn't work. Almost all the luscious juice went into my mouth and only my fingers got a little on them. 
This is the first time Rob saw my new car since I got it and he put it on the hoist and went over it part by part.  He told me I have a good little car, put "premium" oil  in and charged me 92 bucks. He said I need a new air filter, too, but I said I couldn't stay and will come back for that on Monday.  As I got in the car, he asked me to wait a minute, then went and got me a big orange to take with me. He's very slow--but thorough--and a pretty nice guy.
Rushed home and jumped in the shower, then changed and went right off to meet Nancy. We had our usual good time together, she with her champagne and I with my Chardonnay. I was going to have a regular lunch, but wasn't very hungry, so just got their delicious truffle French fries; Nance got the cheese plate, which is also excellent, and we talked and talked and talked.
We parted about 2:30 and I drove directly to town. Did the walk, read for a bit at the library, and walked back. Called El and we had a good chat, she ranting about the lunatic in the White House, me insisting both major parties are corrupt to the core.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...