Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Errands and Toastmasters

Another getting-my-ducks-in-a-row day. After Kimball and breakfast, I sat down here to figure out what I'd present for "table topics" at Toastmaster last evening. This is something like imrprov, which people have to think on their feet and answer a certain question.
Thought up some, typed them out, then went to WinCo for spinach, carrots, cauliflower, and the grilled chicken I like in my salad. Assembled and ate same, then went off to Clinitas, a free clinic to donate the meds I accidentally ordered. However, they don't take them, but suggested I go to Roger's Pharmacy a few miles up the road. I did and was horrified to find they send them somewhere or other and they are then burned. What? I wanted to give these to someone who needs them and may not be able to afford them. Of course, little Miss Know Nothing, didn't realize it's illegal to do this. I assume that's so the pharmaceutical company bigwigs, may they rot in hell, don't have to beg on the streets. Defeated, I left them there and they'll be destroyed.Went from there to Rob's Remedies and made an appointment for ten on Wednesday for good ol' Rob to change my oil.
My mood lightened after lunch, when Nancy called to see if we could meet for wine and the cheese plates at The Cave on Wednesday at 1:00. Yesiree, see you then.
Did the town walk, jumped in the shower, changed, and left for Poinsettia Toastmasters at 6:15. Jan was late getting there with the key, but finally did. She said she'll give it to  me, rather than prez Rachel because I'm a docent there.
Meeting went okay, although one of the scheduled speakers, Judith, wasn't able to come. Tony was the other speaker and--well, he needs practice.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...