Friday, April 06, 2018

Reversal And An Earthquake

Big news--I reversed my usual walking routine!
Okay, so I don't have the most exciting life. I drove to Ojai at 7:00 to feed Sebastian and even--saint that I am--cleaned his litter box and disposed of the...the...stuff.  I had stopped at Von's for coffee, then helped myself to bread from El's freezer and, finding almond butter, put that on. Got her paper from the front lawn, saw kitty ensconced, as usual, on the bed, left a note, locked the door, and left.
Since I go through downtown to get to Ojai, I parked at the museum after and walked to the library.  It doesn't open until 10:00, so I just retraced my steps, as usual.  I did, however, stop in the ARC thrift store and bought a large canvas of a purple flower. I think it will look good in the bathroom, which is white and purple.
Stopped at WinCo before I got home for tilapia and produce. Spent an hour prepping them, so I was able to stock my fridge with ready-to-eat spinach, roasted tomatoes, spaghetti squash, and fish (put some of that in the freezer, also). Made a hair appointment for today at four for a cut and color. After lunch, I did the Kimball walk and it was enjoyable in sunshine and warmth for a change.
Called Betty, who seems to be doing a bit better, then sat down at the computer to see more videos of the Tokyo trio. About five of 1:00, as I was about to get up for lunch, I felt a trembling, then some creaking noises. AAGH! It was an earthquake! I mentioned that on Facebook and there was some discussion. I now know I need to get under a table if it turns out to be serious.
El called before I went to bed to thank me for my (anything but onerous) help while she and Greg were away.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...