Thursday, April 26, 2018

Covered Dish at Dudley

I seem to have adjusted my time to leave for Kimball, as I've been getting back about 7:30. Fine by me.
After breakfast, I looked at the supermarket ads; writing down the ones I wanted to pursue. Damn, talk about turning into your mother; this is exactly what Mom used to do every week. It's funny that spending a buck fifty less for a pound of shrimp, say (which I did at Sprouts recently), and thirty percent less for broccoli isn't going to change my lifestyle one iota. It's not going to add anything noticeable to the vast riches my children will inherit, either. Yet it just slays me to pay $2.50 for eggs, instead of getting them at Vons tomorrow, on sale for $1.49. The funny thing is, I go out every chance I get and prefer places like The Cave and Blue Agave, which are considerably more expensive than many other restaurants. It's all personal preferences, I guess.
Got both frozen and fresh fruit to make the compote I brought last night to the covered dish at Dudley House.
Nancy called and we made a date for lunch at 1:00 on Saturday; we'll go to the newly-reopened Yolanda's, which we've both been wanting to try. I have a docent meeting first, but that's over at noon.
Went to the covered dish at Dudley House and had a great time. Brought my usual mixed fruit and it was completely gone afterward. Sat with Carol, Susan, and Brad and had good talks. Susan is 68 and retired two months ago as a respiratory therapist at St. John's. She may be interested in Toastmasters and I told her to get in touch. I was asked to impersonate Caroline Dudley at August  in some time of the gathering, possibly the Ventura Festival. I agreed and will get info on it shortly. 
I found Cece's chimes, but unfortunately, accidentally left them there last night. I'm going to rush back to try to retrieve them now.



No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...