Saturday, April 21, 2018

Family

When I got home from Kimball, Mike texted me to say he'd be here considerably earlier than he had thought--about 10:30. That was good news, but I still had to go to T.O.P.S. I would have skipped it for once, but I had agreed to take minutes in Bobbi's absence.
I weighed in the same:128 point something (I may have gone down a fraction of a pound), so maybe that's where I should be.  Some of the meeting was ok; Michelle was fill-in leader and did exactly what I had a few weeks ago: what foods trigger your over-eating most?  It's funny how many people don't respond to the actual question, but to a related one: Several mentioned the time of day when they were most tempted (3 pm), but that wasn't what was asked.  Anyway, I rushed out when it was over, made breakfast, and was just finishing up when Mike rang my doorbell.
What a joy to see him and I'm about to leave to see him again, so will rush through the day:
Naturally, there was lots of chatter and laughs. He looks great and brought me up to date on Vivian and Violet. There's a secret treat in July for the former pending and the latter finished her triathlon in good position.  I hadn't bought anything in particular for lunch--thought we might go out--but Mike decided he'd make egg salad and that was doable. I hard-boiled eggs, he peeled and chopped them, and did the same with onions, as I had no celery.  With mayo added and on Dave's Killer Bread, the sandwiches were good.   
He wanted to go to a farm stand and I took him to one. He bought strawberries for Ellen and bought me what I chose: carrots, golden beets, and lemons. We then took a drive 'way up in the hills. Saw some spectacular views, plus some evidence of the fire.
He had a conference call at 3:15, so I left him alone and walked my town walk. Got home and barely had time to pick up a few things when we had to leave for El's. Got there a bit after 5:00 and were greeted by her and Greg. She showed Mike around--he likes her place a lot--then we went to Sea Fresh, a terrific restaurant. Luckily, we got there about 6:00 and though it was crowded, it wasn't nearly as bad as it got right after we arrived--jammed.
We sat outside, which I always like, as the weather was just right. Mike told us to order anything we wanted and boy, we did. I had not only swordfish and a side, but raw oysters first, plus two Chardonnays and creme brulee for dessert. Ellen (two pomegranate Margaritas) and Greg also ordered with abandon, and Mike had two lavish salads brought for us to share, in addition to his own entree.  Yoicks, the bill must have been staggering, but I'll never know, as my baby boy paid for all of it.  Back to El's for just a few minutes, then off to home I went, getting in about 9:15.
Must rush, as I'm due back over there at 8:00.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...