Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Domestic Chores and Bank of America

It was a little chilly walking Kimball, but okay. After breakfast, I stripped the bed to wash the sheets, then discovered I didn't have enough quarters. Made a run to the bank may they all rot in hell* and finally got two rolls, drove back, and took bedclothes to the laundry place.
Tokyo son e-mailed  me to the effect he had been trying to get in touch via Skype, Duo, and other video methods, but never could. I hadn't realized I had to re-load Skype, but did so. I also found Duo on my phone. Tried to Skype him and others, but it didn't go through, I assume because they weren't there.
My niece, Joan, who lives in Manhattan, called, and we had an extended talk. El called to say she and Greg are going to San Luis Obispo today and could I feed Sebastian this evening? Sure, and I may or may not stay over, but will do the same tomorrow morning.
Got the clothes, folded and put away same, and re-made the bed. After lunch, I took off for town. Ran into Loretta and Fred and we chatted. She still seems a little too aggressive or something. Read at the library for a bit, then went to Target. That was because I got a letter from that establishment saying I had to use my charge within two months or they'd kill  me. Or maybe it was that they'd deactivate it.
I bought some ground turkey there--they didn't even have any decent produce--but then couldn't find my card. Paid in cash and  will look for it later.
Stopped at WinCo and the 99Cent store for a few other things, then home. It seems that Tokyo son called me while I was here--it said at 5:07--but when I tried to call back a  few minutes later, it said he was "on another call." Later, though, he called via Facebook Messenger and I had a lovely visit with my adorable four-year-old grandson. He's so bright and energetic and will use English for Nana, because she doesn't understand Japanese. What a sweetheart.
* See my page on Facebook for a well-deserved rant about Bank of America, those dirty dogs.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...