Sunday, April 15, 2018

Genghis Khan

I've been having some terrific days recently and yesterday was one of them. After Kimball, breakfast, and shower, I stepped out my door at 9:30, as Suzanne was stepping out hers. She drove to the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, which takes only forty-five minutes or so.  It's so picturesque: rolling hills and farmland all the way and it was a gorgeous sunny day.
Of course, I was there in December with El to see the Titanic exhibit (a dog, ninety percent the damn movie), but still appreciated the incredible views. Happily, it wasn't as crowded as it had been then and we got in quickly. The exhibit was wonderfully interesting. I had known as much about Genghis  Khan as I do about quantum physics, but it proved to be very well done and I learned quite a bit.  Besides the authentic artifacts, short videos, and other displays, the presentation  included a show. This consisted of two Mongolian-looking men; one played a musical instrument which looked like a guitar gone wrong, but which had a lovely violin sound. The other man did a wildly energetic Mongolian dance--I told Suzanne I wouldn't have to go to T.O.P.S. if I did that twice a day.
After we had seen all the Genghis displays, it was about 12:30 and we skipped the crapola about Ronnie and Nancy, which we had  both seen more than once. We had lunch on the outdoor veranda, S. enjoying a large salad, I, a cheese and fruit plate. What a pleasure to eat looking over that stunningly beautiful valley, especially with a cold Heineken in hand.
We had both seen the Reagan part of the place several times and were glad to skip it.  We happily drove home, chatting all the way. I gave Suzanne two of the oranges I got from Carolyn before we parted, then I drove to town for my afternoon walk.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...