Friday, April 13, 2018

Fun In Santa Barbara

A fun, fun, active day. Early on, I was pleased to get an e-mail from Diane suggesting we pack lunches (she needs to watch her pennies) and eat in Mission Park on Monday. Sounds like fun and we'll do that. Walked Kimball, had breakfast, showered and washed my hair, and got to the train station for the 11:00 departure.
There's incredibly beautiful scenery on the way to Santa Barbara, with ocean and beach and flowers and sun, and I enjoyed it.  Got in forty-one minutes later, as scheduled, and niece Carolyn picked me up. We went to The Boathouse where she, Ellen, and I had been several years ago. It was very busy, even on a Wednesday afternoon and we had to wait fifteen minutes. But no prob, we had plenty to talk about.
We had a good lunch of fish tacos, plus an apple and walnut salad and a big glass of cold beer for each of us. They didn't have Blue Moon or any other similar beer on draft, so I got a Stella in a bottle, Carolyn Pacifica, a Mexican beer. She gave me a sip of it and I liked it; will try it sometime.
After, she showed me the place where she had planned to have her Mom live once she moves out there. I thought it was great; not sure if Betty agrees.
Carolyn had a doctor's appointment later and my return train didn't leave until  4:40, so we went back to her house and I had a good time with the kids: Finn, just turned 17 and Claire, 11. Of course, Calvin, the huge Swedish (or something) shepherd was there, too, a big clown, but even I like  him, which is saying something. Carolyn took me back to the station on the way to taking Claire to gymnastics and we said goodbye with hugs and kisses. I called Ellen on my way home just to chat, then fell into conversation with my seatmate, an older woman named Joan, who lives in Sunnydale, but was going with her son in San Diego to the Giants/Padres game.
Got back to Ventura at 5:45 or so, picked up my car and drove the short distance to the museum. Yes, I walked the walk to the library and was glad I could.  An active day and a good one.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...