Monday, April 09, 2018

Cannabis and Dressing

A fun day. Walked Kimball, of course, home for breakfast, then did the usual Sunday routine. Donned my new "jungle print" (or whatever it is) jacket, jeans, a belt (yay! I can wear a belt!), then set off for town about quarter of 1:00.
I had planned to park at the museum, walk my usual to the library, then meet Nancy back at the museum for the New York Public Library documentary. As I crossed the street after walking a few blocks, I saw a man putting a placard against the building on the corner.  It mentioned auditions for Safe Port, A Premium Cannabis Dispensary, right down the street at The Brewery. I got to talking to him and he encouraged me to try it, so I did. Walked down there,filled out an info paper, and was interviewed and videotaped. Will I get called back for a second audition? I have no idea, but I accepted the free beer, enjoyed it, then went on my way.
Met Nancy at the museum and we went into the Pavilion to see Ex Libris, a documentary about the New York Public Library. We were taken aback when it was announced that there would be an intermission half way through--after an hour and a half! The film was okay, very interesting in part, but too damn long for both of us and we left at intermission. Strolled the short distance to the Blue Agave and enjoyed our Cabernet and enchiladas while chatting away. I got back to Betty while Nance went to the ladies' room and she seemed considerably more chipper.
We were there until almost 5:00, finally left, and I got home twenty minutes or so later. Found a gift bag and note on my door from my dear girl, thanking me for feeding Sebastian. In the bag was a bottle of strawberry balsamic dressing--can't wait to try it on my salad today!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...