Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Got Wheels?

Walked Kimball, showered, had breakfast, conducted Acting for Amateurs, and bought a car.
Yup, and here's the lowdown:
The class went well. I told them first about props and costumes and that next week I'd bring wigs and other things. I then ascertained that they could all come to the changes I had first asked Brianna about. The more I think of it, the more annoyed I get that my class was just arbitrarily preempted. To add i. to i., I wasn't even told about it; I saw it on one of the flyers. After the performance, I'm going to write a stiff note to headquarters in Long Beach and express my displeasure. Maybe.
Anyway, they're improving, but some glacially. One continues to show as much energy as a used teabag and another cackles inappropriately. None of them seem able to fathom what the word "timing" means. However, they actually are getting better; I wish we had more than two rehearsals to go. I was able to get all but Impostor in, but next week, we'll go straight through. I spoke to Jim after and told him I'd like to have him over for dinner with Suzanne and Don. He was very appreciative and I'll find out from Suzanne (who also works) what evening she's free. As I frankly told Jim, I'm tired of being exclusively with people who discuss what they saw on television. I'm hungry for interaction with someone from Academia and Jim teaches philosophy at Ventura College.
I was at the car place for three hours. This is Enterprise, which sells its gently used rental cars. I've bought cars this way in Jersey and have been well-satisfied each time. After looking and driving several in my price range (low), I settled on a Ford Fiesta. It has all the amenities I want--forget the push button start and the video back-up, both of which I actively dislike--and what's more, is only a year old (my Hyundai was a 2013).
Anyway, I called Ellen, who came up with some good questions and after going through the usual drag of paperwork, I signed. I told them to hold it overnight, as I have a lot of stuff in the rental car (I took it out of my wrecked car). Conveniently, I can just leave the rental there, although it goes back several miles away.
So, I no longer have my little blue beauty. My new little beauty is a gorgeous gold.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...