Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Late

AAGH! I'm late with this entry because when I got up at 5:00, the computer refused to connect. Too long and involved to explain how I got it back up, but I think--I hope--I know what this is happening. If it happens again and I can't remedy it, I'm going to call my computer guy, Victor, and have him fix it. In truth, I'd like to get a laptop; I hope to do that soon.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Walked my walk, then actually stayed in until lunchtime, looking up, honing and revising, and reading a slew of plays, short stories, and reminiscences I had written anywhere from last week (two monologues) and in 1994 (an unfinished kind of supernatural mystery). I acting out all parts of several of my longer plays, including The Pukey, which I'd love to see staged, but not in readers theatre.
After lunch, I took off for town and did my m. to l. walk. Stayed in the library for an hour or so, reading Elizabeth Edwards' last book, a slim one. Boy, this hits you right in the gut; I had to conceal the tears in my eyes. The title, Resilience: Reflections on the Burdens and Gifts of Facing Life's Adversities, suggests one of those dreary self-help books ("faith will make you whole"), yet it's anything but. I can't wait to read the second half today. I know she died seven years ago and I actually feel grieved about that.
Had the leftovers from my little dinner party and boy, were they good, especially the roasted Brussels sprouts El made.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Was getting concerned when I didn't see your post at the usual time. You'll love a laptop....hopefully your family reads this blog and they'll know what to tell Santa to get you. Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Mimi said...

Good grief, Pat, do you think I'd be so gross and grasping, so selfish and self-centered, so greedy and grabbing, as to expect my children to...HEY, GREAT IDEA!
P.S. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

Mimi said...

Computer down again and I give up. Will call victor tommorow.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...