Saturday, November 25, 2017

Fern And This Damn Computer

El made me bacon and eggs for breakfast--another treat--then she, Greg, and I went for a walk. I was glad of that, as for the first time in months, I had necessarily skipped Kimball at seven am.
I left about 1:00, had just a bowl of fruit for lunch, then went to Fern's at 2:00, bringing several scripts with me. We decided on When Cooks Confer and one of the monologues I had written. Rehearsed them until about 4:00, when I left. We'll do them on November 30, at the Humor and Drama Toastmasters.
Fern is actually pretty good. She said she'd like to be in one of my classes and I hope that might eventually happen. I think she's at least my age; she said her husband is seven years older than she is and is beginning dementia. His German ancestor were one of the first settlers in Ventura. Bouchard street and several other areas and buildings are named for him. Fern showed me a large, lavishly-illustrated book that chronicles the family history. Interestingly, the original Bouchard married young in Germany, came here, wife died years later, and he went back to Germany to choose another bride. He was seventy-two, she was twenty-one. He had two more children with her, both born when he was in his eighties--gawd!
Note: Well, I didn't call Victor yesterday when I should have because this thing seemed to be working okay. However, the resolution suddenly increased in size and when I looked up how to fix it, I get advice that doesn't seem to come up here. Also, I was told to right click on it, but after telling me to dod this and that, it brings up dire warnings about not being able to get back to normal,or whatever. I'm definitely calling Victor.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...