Thursday, November 23, 2017

Ordinary Enough Day

Now it's 9:30, practically the middle of the afternoon for me, and my computer's finally up. Hope it continues.
Walked Kimball, where I ran into my park pal, Irene, and we stopped and chatted a bit. I think I've discovered why this machine (or almost-human Machiavellian monster) wouldn't work yesterday. I think the plug isn't tight enough in the outlet. I'll be aware of that and we'll see. (Later: that wasn't it.)
Called Noreen to ask if she'd read the secretary part in the "Tootie Van Loonie" play, if Fern and I decide to do it. She agreed with pleasure, so I'll see her on the thirtieth. After breakfast, I actually sat down to type up the beginning of a horror story I had started roughly twenty years ago. Modifying as I went along, I was so absorbed in it, it was almost lunchtime before I finished the first chapter. Had lunch, then took off to town.
Boy, was it hot--in the middle eighties, at least. While I was at the library, El called. She asked me to be at her place about 3:30, which I will. Said it was ninety-something in Ojai. On my way home, I stopped at Five Points to get my--well, I used to say my little blue beauty, but now what? Okay, my gorgeous gold glory--washed. Zipped home and happy day, my license plates came in the mail. Their easy to remember, too: 8ATL555. The letters can easily stand for "Atlantic" and the 555--well, one number removed from "666," the devil's I.D., so that's all to the good.
Ha--that last may have occurred to me because I resumed typing my horror story.
Stir-fried up my occasional go-to dinner: chopped onions and peppers (I actually forgot the galic) and ground turkey. Yummy-yum, if I say so myself.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...