Monday, November 13, 2017

Eye And Ellen

For the first time in months--I'm not even sure how long--I walked neither Kimball nor town.
No Kimball because I went to the emergency room about 7:00 am. I had slept soundly all night, but my eye felt about the same. Drove in, gave all my info to the clerk, was sent into the nurse, and--started having second thoughts. I asked if they had an ophthalmologist on staff in that section, and naturally, they didn't. Well, damn, I didn't want some resident treating me eye, plus it occurred to me I probably should have called the doctor first. I told the nurse that and she agreed to delete all my current info, and it was done. Called my eye doc's office and talked to Dr. C., who agreed it wasn't a good idea to go to the E.R. I told him I found it impossible to tape my eye, but he said to try or to at least keep it closed after putting in the ointment. He also prescribed an antibiotic "just in case."
By the time I got home, it was almost 9:00 and I decided it was best not to walk Kimball. Had breakfast, read the paper, and eye was about the same. I went to CVS to get the RX, packed my already-prepared lunch salad, then left for Ellen's at noon.
We ate outside under her pergola, which was heavenly. I remarked that if we were in Jersey, we'd be fighting off the yellow jackets and green heads as soon as we sat down. El hadn't known about my eye and asked if I wanted her to put the medications in and tape it. Yes, and after we ate, she did. She then put on NetFlix (or whatever it is) Hidden Figures, which I hadn't seen and thought was pretty good. Greg had taken the day off and came out to chat with us, then went to mow the lawn. I kept the tape on all through the movie, then took it off to drive home and glory be, the eye felt much better.
Unfortunately, although I no longer feel the "something in my eye," I'm now experiencing some focus problem, something like "seeing double." I'm going to call Miramar and go in today.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...