Saturday, November 11, 2017

Here And There

Got up early again, just before 5:00 and I have to nip this in the bud. Walked Kimball and again had breakfast early.
I spent almost the whole morning revising the two monologues I wrote for Fern. Darn, they're pretty good--I'm not sure I want to give them to her, but oh, well. They're under copyright, of course. I always inform my class of this; I don't want them shared.
Ran out to the 99 Cent Store for napkins and saw they were actually giving away Halloween leftovers. I picked up two small skeletons to dress the set (ha!) for "Hell On Wheels." I'll have them on a table holding signs that say "BAD" and "BADDER."
After lunch, I took my regular museum to library walk. I knew the library was closed for "Veterans Day." It was formerly Armistice Day, of course, but why should a country engaged in aggression in seven different counties want to commemorate peace? Now, sadly, few remember--or care about, I guess--the original meaning. SCAN was closed, also; it seemed odd not to get weighed (I can just heard Betty saying, "Get laid?" Inside joke.)
Stopped at Wal-Mart and took my BP. It remains low at 93/61, but I seem to be doing fine. Called El when I got home and we discussed plans for Thanksgiving. I also asked her to dinner on the 19th, when I'm having Jim and Suzanne, since doofy Don won't come. It would be nice if Greg could, too, but he has to work. We discussed getting together on Sunday, too. She suggested the holiday house tour on Sunday, but it costs a whopping forty-five bucks. I'll try to think of something else.

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...