Thursday, November 16, 2017

Full Day

Walked Kimball, getting there and home early, so I was finished my shower and starting breakfast by 8:00. Dressed and went to the VCS (Ventura Council for Seniors). I was amazed that Suze hadn't known SCAN was closing--she and Lori were stunned. There was a great deal of discussion and consternation about it and Suze repeated her mantra that we need another senior center in Ventura. She asked people to sign a kind of petition (but not to put it on the ballot) supporting it. I opened my big mouth and mentioned how often people are set up with petitions at Wal-Mart; I could do that myself. Oh, damn, that was greeted with thanks and appreciation, so I gotta do it.
Went from there home to change and then to get some more stuff about Toastmasters written out.
A large box came for Mike and Paula, this one with a twenties' tux in it. Had lunch and on my way to the hairdressers', I took it to Fed Ex to get prices (I'm also gong to have them wrap it). Oh, a mere nothing, ranging from $332 if they want it Monday, to $255 if they can wait until Wednesday. After I got back from the hairdressers (just got color), I was writing this up in an e-mail to Mike, when there was a knock on the door. It was the third item, a headpiece, so today--after rehearsal and before Toastmasters--I'll take it back to Fed Ex and have it sent off.
I still had some things to clear up for rehearsal--including writing my intros--and did that before dinner. After rehearsal today, I'll write up the "warm-up interviews" I said I'd do for Toastmasters tonight, take Mike's box to FedEx, and go to WinCo to get ingredients for what I'll bring to T.O.P.S. tomorrow. This is for the annual potluck "breakfast"--or whatever it is. We still meet at 8:45, yet there's this big spread with items anything but low-calorie. No wonder I seem to be the only one in the group who's consistently losing weight. Speaking of T.O.P.S., I have no idea where we'll meet now that SCAN is closing.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...