Sunday, November 05, 2017

Fun Day

Rain had been predicted, but as ever, it didn't materialize and it was gorgeous--sunny and clear blue skies all the way.
I picked Nancy up at the Black Angus and drove to Marina Mobile Home Park. That sounds to this east coaster like maybe what we used to call a "trailer park"; ticky-tacky little places for those who can't afford a "regular" house. Ha! This is southern California, so these roomy, nicely-kept manufactured homes go for 800K and up.
Sandy B., a woman I know from T.O.P.S., lives there and told the group about a boutique going on yesterday. Sandy is an artist and since my pal, Nancy, also paints, I asked if she'd like to go. The boutique was mostly paintings, ornaments, and other items, all hand-made and all priced to appeal to deep pockets. Sandy had some nice works displayed, but they were all over a hundred and frankly, they weren't that good. Since I still haven't found a space for my Uncle Frank's paintings, I have no room for more, anyway. Nancy and I both bought some unique and original hand-designed cards and some decorative stamps. It seems the mother of one of the residents had recently died and she was pretty creative. These were modestly priced, as the woman's mother had rooms full.
We went from there to lunch just down the harbor road, to a restaurant Nancy's suggested, the Rhumba Line (I assume the name refers to some kind of nautical rope or something, but I'm too lazy to look it up). It's right on the water and a great place--especially because they serve "bottomless" mimosas. After discussion, the waitress was nice enough to fill the glass halfway with champagne, but to put the orange juice in little carafes on the side, so we could add as much--or as little--as we wanted. Yummy, yummy, I love champagne.
After lunch (I had Caesar salad, Nancy a brunch plate), lots of good talk, and plenty of bubbly, off we went. I dropped Nance at the Black Angus, then drove directly to Ellen's to show off my car. She likes it a lot and immediately showed me how to get the windshield wiper fluid to work (anybody but me would have to be showed, I'm afraid). She also tried and tried to get the Blue Tooth to work. She said hers was very difficult too, but this one had her stumped after about of hour of trying everything. Finally, she called Enterprise and found my little inexpensive Fiesta isn't equipped with it. I could buy one for seventy-five bucks and pay to have it installed, but it'll be a cold day in Havana before that happens.
Left El to work on report cards and drove home. On the way she called to be sure I had taken the hand brake off; I had, since I never use it and only my children think I should. Betty also called. Chatted with her for a bit (after parking at the museum), then drove home to salmon and spaghetti squash.


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...