Friday, November 17, 2017

Rush, Rush, Rush

Whew, what a day.
Walked Kimball, had breakfast, and was over at SCAN by 9:00. (Great consternation from all those I saw about SCAN's closing.) Sharon was already there, in the "kitchen" (all but a stove) and while we chatted, she injected herself with insulin. Brianne said she'd help me set up the room for dress rehearsal, but by the time she finished whatever duties, I had done most of it.
The others came in, as instructed, at 10, except for Noreen, who doesn't use a computer and had thought rehearsal was called for 10:30. She also forgot her scripts, so I had to lend her mine. Also, John didn't show, but I had forgotten he said he couldn't be there yesterday.
Rehearsal went fairly well--"fairly" being the operative word. Of course, the more rehearsals, the better the performance, and we really had little time. However, it was okay; I noticed improvement in most of them. I had them run through the plays twice, then we broke up at noon. I went directly from there to Fed Ex and sent off the package to Singapore. That took a good half hour for various reasons and it was past my lunch time when I got home. Just ate salad and spinach, then tackled the minor revision of Impostor, as the two players and I had slightly different versions. (My fault: I had changed the first page to accommodate Sharon's difficulty in getting up and down and got mixed up doing it.)
Went to WinCo for lettuce, tomatoes, and other fixings, as I'm bringing a salad today for the potluck at T.O.P.S. While I was there, my niece called about various family/genealogy items. I had to cut her short because it was close to 5:00 and I still had things to get ready for Toastmasters. Before I got my purchases rung up, Judi from Toastmasters called to say the person who was to do improv was ill, so would I fill in? Geez, I had enough on my plate, but I agreed to fill in--luckily, I already had topics prepared, as I always start off my acting classes that way. Got home just in time for dinner, which was sketchy: I had leftovers of chicken and spinach, then took off for Humor & Drama Toastmasters.
This proved to be pretty engaging, although a tad peculiar. (Someday I'll elaborate on that, but not now.) There were only eight people there and the program included Fern reading to us about the first Thanksgiving. She actually had us gather 'round in a circle, like the little ones she used to teach. However, it wasn't bad. Raul was Toastmaster for the night--very nice guy; still has an accent, but he's not defensive about it. Edith, who's from the Netherlands and has a strong accent herself, then spoke on her trip to Vegas with Fern, who had participated in a divisional Toastmasters contest.
Refreshments followed, then my improv, which went over big. Poor Noreen got one that always throws people and couldn't talk on it for the whole minutes, but no prob.
Got home at 9:00, had some fruit, and then beddy-bye.
Today: SHOWTIME!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...